HTNG Announces The Election of Several Leading Hospitality Industry Tech Executives to Its Board
Monday, October 7, 2013
Hotel and Technology Company Executives Provide Leadership and Guidance to Hospitality's Leading Technology Association
CHICAGO (October 7, 2013) – Hotel Technology Next Generation (HTNG), the membership association that unites the world’s hospitality companies and technology innovators to solve industry challenges, today announced that several hospitality technology executives from across the globe have been elected to positions on the organization’s Board of Governors and Vendor Advisory Council.
Christian Palomino, CIO for Meliá Hotels International and Stan Repetta, Vice President of Enterprise Applications & Innovation, Hilton Worldwide, were elected to HTNG's Board of Governors. Palomino and Repetta join 16 of their senior IT executive peers from hotel companies globally on HTNG’s principal governing body.
Palomino first became involved with HTNG in 2011 as a co-chair of the Secure Payments Framework workgroup, which created HTNG’s revolutionary payment security framework. He has also spoken at multiple HTNG conferences in the US and Europe. He is based in Mallorca, Spain; Meliá Hotels has more than 360 hotels throughout EMEA, Asia and the Americas.
Repetta marks the return of Hilton Worldwide to HTNG’s Board. He is the IT Executive Sponsor for a multi-year Hilton program known as SST (Single Source of the Truth), encompassing global finance, financial management and planning, enterprise data marts and business intelligence. Repetta has been involved in HTNG since 2010. Hilton has been a hospitality company for nearly 100 years, with nearly 3,900 hotels across its nine brands and locations in more than 76 countries.
HTNG’s Board of Governors drives the organization to address the most pressing technology problems facing hotels. Their individual roles as senior technology executives from almost all major hotel companies ensure the relevance of HTNG programs throughout all levels of hospitality industry ownership and management. The board members are volunteers who make all governing decisions for the association and serve without compensation or expense reimbursement. With the addition of Palomino and Repetta, HTNG’s Board of Governors now includes:
- Jeremy Ward (President), Senior VP Information Technology, Kempinski Hotels S.A
- Monika Nerger (Vice President), CIO, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
- Mike Blake (Treasurer), CIO, Commune Hotels & Resorts
- Mark Rupert Read (Secretary), Group IT Manager, Firmdale Hotels
- Floor Bleeker, VP of Information Technology, Jumeirah Group
- Carson Booth, General Manager, Starwood International Licensing Company Sàrl & Vice President, Global Property Technology Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
- Jeff Bzdawka, VP - Global Property Systems Portfolio, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Scot Campbell, former Vice President & Chief Information Officer, Pinnacle Entertainment
- Peter Engel, Chief Technology Officer, Marcus Hotels & Resorts
- Scott Gibson, CIO and SVP of Distribution & Strategic Services, Best Western International
- Vineet Gupta, Executive Vice President & CIO, Fairmont Raffles Hotels International
- Christian Palomino, CIO, Meliá Hotels International
- Kevin Quinlivan, Chief Information Officer, Delaware North Companies
- Anand Rao, CIO, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts
- Stan Repetta, Vice President of Enterprise Applications & Innovation, Hilton Worldwide
- Gustaaf Schrils, Vice President Global Technology, InterContinental Hotels Group
- Richard Tudgay, Vice President Information Technology, Omni Hotels
- Hank A. Weigle, Senior Vice President, Global Information Resources, IT Delivery, Marriott International, Inc.
HTNG’s vendor membership has also elected six new representatives to HTNG’s Vendor Advisory Council (VAC), a fifteen-member volunteer group from technology product and service providers who advise the Board of Governors. Newly elected VAC members are (alphabetically):
- Gordon Brown, CEO, TeleAdapt
- Thomas DiGiacomo, Chief Technology Officer, Swisscom
- Tom Moore, Director, Customer Solutions, Hospitality Industry, Motorola Solutions
- Luis Segredo, President, MTech Division, Newmarket International
- Bruce Speechley, Strategy & Transformation Leader for Travel & Transportation, IBM
- Tom Storey, President of Hospitality, Sonifi (formerly LodgeNet)
They join the following members who are continuing on the council:
- Micah Friedman (Co-Chair), Director, Hospitality Industry, Oracle
- Vanessa Ogle (Co-Chair), President and Chief Executive Officer, Enseo
- David Adelson, President and Chief Executive Officer, Intelity
- Antonio DiMilia, Director of Hospitality & Travel, Cisco
- Larry Hall, President and Chief Executive Officer, PAR Springer-Miller
- Mukund Mohan, Vice President, Product Strategy, Infor-SoftBrands
- Don Moore, Chief Marketing Officer, Guest-Tek
- Boro Petrovic, Chief Technology Officer, MICROS Systems
- Michael Schubach, Associate VP, Product Management, Agilysys
“As the association that the hospitality industry relies upon to facilitate rapid development of solutions to complex technology challenges, it is absolutely vital that HTNG continues to attract the leading minds in the hospitality technology field to set its agenda and guide its initiatives,” said Douglas Rice, CEO of HTNG. “I commend HTNG’s members on their election of this outstanding group of individuals to HTNG leadership positions, and I thank these new members of our leadership for their service.”
Visit other pages on HTNG's website for more about the Board of Governors or Vendor Advisory Council.