HTNG Announced the Addition of Samir Abi Frem of Rotana to Board of Governors
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
HTNG 2015 European Conference on 20-22 October in Nice, France
CHICAGO (November 27, 2013) – Hotel Technology Next Generation (HTNG), the membership association that unites the world’s hospitality companies and technology innovators to solve industry challenges, today announced that Samir Abi Frem, Corporate Vice President of Information Technology, Rotana Hotel Management Company, is now a member of the organization’s Board of Governors.
“Samir Abi Frem represents a strong addition to our Board for his professional approach, his willingness to innovate, and the strength of the team he has developed at Rotana,” said Jeremy Ward, President of HTNG and Senior Vice President of IT at Kempinski Hotels. Douglas Rice, Chief Executive Officer of HTNG, added that “as HTNG expands its footprint in the Middle East and Africa regions, engagement with key industry leaders from the region, such as Abi Frem, is essential to our success.”
Samir Abi Frem works for Abu Dhabi-based Rotana Hotel Management Company which oversees 85 hotels in the Middle East and North Africa. He has more than 15 years of experience in Information Technology for the hospitality industry including ten years at Rotana, where he built up the company vision in technology and formed a very energetic and professional team. He graduated with a BS in Computer Science and a Master degree in Hotel Management from Institut de Management Hotelier International (IMHI) in France.
HTNG’s Board of Governors drives the organization to address the most pressing technology problems facing hotels. Their individual roles as senior technology executives from almost all major hotel companies ensure the relevance of HTNG programs throughout all levels of hospitality industry ownership and management. The board members are volunteers who make all governing decisions for the association and serve without compensation or expense reimbursement. With the addition of Abi Frem, HTNG’s Board of Governors now includes:
- Jeremy Ward (President), Senior VP Information Technology, Kempinski Hotels S.A
- Monika Nerger (Vice President), CIO, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
- Mike Blake (Treasurer), CIO, Commune Hotels & Resorts
- Mark Rupert Read (Secretary), Group IT Manager, Firmdale Hotels
- Samir Abi Frem, Corporate VP of IT, Rotana Hotel Management Company
- Floor Bleeker, VP of Information Technology, Jumeirah Group
- Carson Booth, General Manager, Starwood International Licensing Company Sàrl & Vice President, Global Property Technology Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
- Jeff Bzdawka, VP - Global Property Systems Portfolio, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Scot Campbell, former Vice President & CIO, Pinnacle Entertainment
- Peter Engel, CTO, Marcus Hotels & Resorts
- Scott Gibson, CIO and SVP of Distribution & Strategic Services, Best Western International
- Vineet Gupta, Executive Vice President & CIO, Fairmont Raffles Hotels International
- Christian Palomino, CIO, Meliá Hotels International
- Kevin Quinlivan, CIO, Delaware North Companies
- Anand Rao, CIO, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts
- Stan Repetta, Vice President of Enterprise Applications & Innovation, Hilton Worldwide
- Gustaaf Schrils, Vice President Global Technology, InterContinental Hotels Group
- Richard Tudgay, Vice President Information Technology, Omni Hotels
- Hank A. Weigle, Senior Vice President, Global Information Resources, IT Delivery, Marriott International, Inc.
Visit the Board of Governors page of our website for more about this esteemed leadership group.