HTNG Announces Election of First Vendor Advisory Council
CHICAGO – (August 11, 2011) Hotel Technology (HTNG), the global trade association for the hospitality technology industry, today announced the election results for its first Vendor Advisory Council. Fifteen senior executives from the vendor and consulting community were elected by their peers within HTNG’s membership, to represent vendor interests in HTNG’s governance process.
The purpose of the Council is to help HTNG better address the needs and concerns of its members who are technology providers. HTNG is governed by a board of directors which, under its bylaws, must be elected exclusively from the hotel community. The Vendor Advisory Council should give the vendor community a new voice with the board. It is also expected to improve communications and alignment between HTNG’s most engaged vendors and the hotel IT executives serving on the board. Finally, it can be an important conduit for ideas to grow the organization and make it more effective.
“While HTNG was founded to meet the needs of hotels, the vendor community has, from the very start, been absolutely critical as the primary source of technical expertise, product development, and innovation,” said Douglas Rice, Executive Vice President and CEO of HTNG. “We were overwhelmed with the number and quality of candidates who stood for election, and I know that the Council will play an important role in charting HTNG’s future.”
Council members will serve staggered terms of three years. The top vote-getters in the recent election will serve the full there years, while others will serve one or two years; in future years, approximately one-third of the positions will roll over each year.
HTNG’s Initial Vendor Advisory Council Members are:
- David Bankers, Senior VP, Product & Technology Development, LodgeNet Entertainment
- Micah Friedman, Director, Hospitality Industry, Oracle
- Inam Haider, Regional Director, TeleAdapt
- Akina Ho, VP of Strategy & Business Development, FCS Computer Systems
- Mark Hoare, Partner, The Prism Partnership
- Shawn McGowan, Chief Operating Officer, Newmarket International
- Daryl Page, Managing Director, Global Leader for Hospitality, Avaya
- Ray Pawley, Director, Head of Global IT Sales, Amadeus
- Boro Petrovic, Chief Technology Officer, MICROS Systems
- Frank Pitsikalis, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, ResortSuite
- Mark Poldervaart, General Manager Philips HotelTV, Philips Consumer Lifestyle
- Michael Schubach, Associate VP, Product Management, Agilysys
- Rick Sternitzke, VP Global Services & Chief Technology Officer, Swisscom
- Clive Taylor, VP Operations, Ez Revenue Management Solutions
- Ted Watson, Director, Global Hospitality Solutions, Ruckus Wireless
The Vendor Advisory Council will meet approximately three times per year, including at least one face-to-face meeting. Mike Blake, CIO of Hyatt Hotels Corporation and a Director of HTNG, will serve as a liaison for the Council with the HTNG Board of Directors. One or more representatives, yet to be selected by the Council, will also have the opportunity to brief the Board directly on a period basis.