Event Attendance Policies
HTNG receives many requests from members and non-members alike, asking whether they, their colleagues, and their partners can attend HTNG conferences.
Members tell us that HTNG's conferences are extremely valuable networking opportunities. With respect to technology vendors and consultants, we restrict attendance to members to ensure that our dues-paying members have maximum access to the hoteliers in attendance.
Attendance at HTNG’s Conferences is generally restricted to HTNG members in good standing. This includes:
- Individual members
- Employees of corporate, platinum, or benefactor members
- Employees of companies under common majority ownership with a corporate, platinum, or benefactor member
The following exceptions may be granted full registration privileges on a paid or free basis, depending on the circumstance:
- External speakers
- HTNG staff and contract event management personnel
- Employees of hotel/hospitality companies invited as a guest of a vendor sponsoring the event (up to the limit specified in the sponsorship package)
- Honorary Fellows of HTNG
- Thought Leadership Advisory Council of HTNG
- Trade media
The following exceptions may be granted access to portions of the meeting:
- Colleagues of speakers (from the same company) may attend the portion of the general session during which the speaker will be speaking
- Spouses and domestic partners may attend meals and evening events upon payment of an appropriate fee
We regret that exceptions cannot be made for the following types of individuals unless they qualify through one of the special exceptions above:
- Employees of business partners that are not under common ownership with a corporate member
- Employees of hotels that are franchised, but not managed and/or majority owned, by corporate members
For questions about these policies please feel free to contact the HTNG Events Department.