The HTNG Vendor Advisory Council is intended to ensure that HTNG can better address the needs and concerns of members who are technology providers.
Size and Makeup
The Vendor Advisory Council consists of up to 15 senior level executives from HTNG's Industry Partner community. To qualify, an individual's company or the individual him/herself must have held an HTNG Industry Partner membership for more than the initial one-year term, and the individual must be either the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Technology Officer, the Chief Marketing Officer, the senior-most business, technical or marketing executive whose responsibility includes hospitality, or (for companies selling more than $100 million per year to hospitality) a direct report to one of these individuals.
- Since consultants are considered Industry Partners, they are eligible to serve as well, even if not technically vendors.
- Once elected, Council members serve until the end of their term, until their resignation or death, or until their HTNG membership expires without being renewed. HTNG grace period policies for membership apply, except that in the case of a retroactive membership reinstatement (payment 30 to 90 days after expiration), a Council member's seat will only be restored if a successor has not been elected.
The board's intention is that the membership of the council be representative of the entire breadth of the vendor community, and (within the bounds of legal compliance) the council itself may establish a process for achieving this balance over time.
Current Council Members by Year of Expiration
The following individuals currently serve on the Vendor Advisory Council. Vacancies may occur due to individuals leaving their current employer or otherwise becoming ineligible. For photos and bios of all council members, visit the Vendor Advisory Council page.
Through June 30, 2018
- Florian Gallini, CEO, Interel
- Larry Hall, President & Chief Executive Officer, PAR Springer-Miller Systems
- Mukund Mohan, Vice President, Product Strategy, Infor
- Vanessa Ogle (Co-Chair), President & Chief Executive Officer, Enseo
- Ted Watson, Global Director, Hospitality & Gaming Solutions, Ruckus Wireless, Inc.
Through June 30, 2017
- Micah Friedman (Co-Chair), Sr. Director, Travel & Hospitality, Cognizant
- Rehan Jaddi, Vice President, Product Engineering, Agilysys
- Boro Petrovic, Architect, Oracle Hospitality
- Tom Moore, Director, Customer Solutions, Hospitality Industry, Zebra Technologies
- Suzanne Treece, Hospitality Practice Advisor, Cisco
Through June 30, 2016
- Gordon Brown, CEO, TeleAdapt, Inc.
- Thomas Di Giacomo, Chief Technology Officer, Swisscom
- Luis Segredo, President, MTech Division, Newmarket International
- Bruce Speechley, Vice President, Travel & Hospitality, IBM Corporation
- Joel Zdepski, CTO and Chief Architect, Sonifi Solutions
Nominations and Elections
HTNG will solicit nominations as each election approaches. Each nominee must submit a short biographical summary and a statement of why they wish to serve and/or what they hope to accomplish. Candidate materials will be published on HTNG's website. Additional election process & procedures include:
- Industry partner members elect participants by ballot.
- Terms are three years in length (staggered so that one-third expire each year.)
- Standard HTNG voting procedures apply. Each corporate member gets one vote, which can be cast by their primary contact. Individual industry partner members may also vote, but votes may count fractionally if multiple individuals vote from the same company.
- If fewer individuals are nominated than there are open positions, voting will be on a Yes/No basis, with a 2/3 "Yes" vote required for election.
- Vacancies that occur during a term will be filled at the next regular election. In the event of a tie between two or more candidates for the same term, a random draw will determine the winning candidate.
- Irrespective of the voting, no more than 20% of elected members may be consultants holding individual memberships. Consultants with the fewest number of votes will be eliminated, if necessary, in order to ensure this balance.
- The Vendor Advisory Council will meet at least three times per year, including at least once face-to-face. The face-to-face meeting will be held around a relevant industry event such as HITEC, the HTNG members' meeting, or the Vendor Executive Summit.
- The Council may elect a chair or co-chairs to run its meetings and may set its own rules for meetings, votes, committees, officers, advisors, other nonvoting participants, etc. It is not required to do any of these, but it has the option.
- In the absence of a chair or co-chair, HTNG staff will preside until a chair or temporary chair can be elected.
- One or more representatives from the Council will be allotted time during HTNG Board meetings to discuss the positions and advice of the Council and to receive feedback from the Board. Time allotted will be at least 30 minutes for each meeting of the Advisory Council, up to three times per year.
- The HTNG board will designate at least one board member and one or more alternates to attend Vendor Advisory Council meetings in person or by telephone as logistics permit, with a maximum expectation of two hours, three times per year.
- HTNG staff will also attend Council meetings to support the needs of the Council, to listen and address questions and concerns raised by Council members.
- Meetings of the Council will be minuted and provided to the board. The Council may hold a portion of its meeting in Executive Session, which will not be minuted to the board. HTNG staff may be excluded from Executive Session provided that HTNG may institute any policies necessary to ensure legal compliance.
- It is intended that the Council members should govern themselves, and that HTNG board members and staff should play supporting rather than leadership roles. However, HTNG board and staff may act to fill leadership vacuums and to ensure legal compliance.