The Rosen College of Hospitality Management at the University of Central Florida is located in the heart of Orlando’s hospitality and tourism corridor. Rosen College’s mission is to develop future generations of global hospitality and tourism leaders representing all industry segments in the hospitality capital of the world, through innovative academic programs, cutting-edge research and strong industry and community partnerships.
UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management
9907 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819
HTNG workgroups address specific business problems and move forward in creating solutions for these problems. There are six HTNG workgroups currently on exhibit at UCF’s Rosen College. These displays show off what the workgroup has accomplished, what the workgroup is working on and the tools and products that help represent this work.
If you are interested in displaying or donating a product for one of the following workgroups, please contact us.
Workgroups on display:
- Door Lock Security: This workgroup has created best practices for deployment of assorted door lock solutions due to the lack of credible information that hotels cause to evaluate physical access control (locking) solutions.
- Fiber to the Room: This workgroup is updating the Fiber to the Room Design Guide to include innovative methods of power distribution for fiber optics, enabling remote power solutions.
- Infrastructure Resource Team: HTNG's largest team focuses on emerging technology research, webinars and workgroup generation. This is where members go for cutting edge technology evaluation.
- New Builds: This workgroup has created comprehensive architectural and design guidelines as well as commissioning check lists to ensure that proper technologies can be deployed when the building is commissioned.
- Personal Area Networks: This workgroup has defined network architecture requirements and design needed to replicate the home network environment in the hotel to enable common use case scenarios as displaying guest-based content on the hotel owned television.
- Scalable Cellular Service: This workgroup has developed technology overviews for new and emerging technologies, evaluating deployment and case uses, and selecting business models that enable hotels of all sizes to ensure excellent cellular reception in their hotels.
For more information on UCF’s Rosen College, visit their website at http://hospitality.ucf.edu/