World's Leading Hospitality Technology Conference Returns to Dubai
Friday, September 6, 2013
CHICAGO (September 6, 2013) – Hotel IT leaders from around the Middle East, Europe, Africa and Asia will gather at The Ritz-Carlton DIFC on 24-26 September, as the global nonprofit trade association Hotel Technology Next Generation (HTNG) brings its renowned conference to Dubai for the second time. HTNG’s events are recognized by industry CIOs and senior vendor personnel alike as the best opportunity in the industry to understand key tech trends, learn about new technologies, network with peers, and view new product offerings from exhibiting vendors.
“The Middle East is a major growth engine for the hotel industry today,” said Douglas Rice, Executive Vice President and CEO of HTNG. “Our conferences in North America, Europe and Asia are well-established, and we are delighted to be back in the Emirates for the second time. Based on early interest from hoteliers and nearly sold-out sponsorships and exhibits, we expect this will become an annual event.”
Planned topics include cloud computing; how to get IT accomplishments recognized by business leadership; security; online reputation; and the impact of mobile on Wi-Fi networks. Other sessions will include a CIO roundtable, and a panel session of senior sales, marketing and distribution executives discussing trends from their disciplines that are driving new technology needs.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Colin Abercrombie, Managing Director, Abercrombie Training & Management
- Samir Abi Frem, Group Director of IT, Rotana
- Duncan Alexander, Director, The Travel Marketing Store
- Floor Bleeker, Vice President-IT, Jumeirah
- Mark Chaban, Regional Director, Microsoft
- Oliver Fasching, Director-Distribution, Kerzner International
- Ted Horner, Managing Director, E. Horner & Associates Pty. Ltd.
- Michael Kogeler, COO & CMO, Middle East, Microsoft
- Ross McAuley, Vice President-Marketing, Jumeirah
- Joe Tesfai, Senior Vice President-IT, Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- Jeremy Ward, Senior Vice President-IT, Kempinski
- Alana Witte, Director, Middle East & Africa, Revinate
The conference kicks off with a welcome reception on Tuesday evening, 24 September, followed by a day and a half of general sessions on Wednesday, 25 September and Thursday, 26 September, ending with lunch. A roundtable event for senior hotel IT executives only will follow on Thursday afternoon.
Registration is open to all hoteliers, with discounts for members; non-hoteliers must be members of the association. For information or to register, visit http://www.htng.org/conferences/middle-east.