Data Security, Cloud, Wi-Fi, Smart TV & Reputation Management on Agenda at Hotel Tech Conference
Monday, October 28, 2013
HTNG's European Conference in London focuses on technology solutions to business challenges
CHICAGO (October 28, 2013) – Hotel Technology Next Generation (HTNG), the membership association that unites the world’s hospitality companies and technology innovators to solve industry challenges, has announced the agenda and speaker details for its eighth annual European Conference, in London 12-14 November 2013. The event is open to all hoteliers for a nominal fee, and to non-hoteliers with HTNG memberships.
Immediately following this year’s conference, on the afternoon of 14 November, HTNG will facilitate a Hotel IT Leaders’ Roundtable. This exclusive and free collaborative event is available to qualified senior level corporate hotel IT executives only, and enables them to share experiences and perspectives on their greatest challenges.
HTNG creates conference agendas with a focus on helping hoteliers who need a better understanding of business issues that technology can address, as well those who want to stay current on the technologies that drive the business.
A listing of confirmed sessions for this year includes:
- Big Wins, Big Challenges: The Move to the Cloud
- Deployment Considerations for Next Generation Wi-Fi
- Do Hotels Need Smart TV?
- Online Reputation Management
- Monetizing Social Media
- HTNG Annual Report and Workgroup Reports
- The Evolving Landscape of Security in Hospitality
- EMEA Hospitality Innovators' Awards
- IT Leaders' Panel
Some of the speakers already confirmed for this conference include:
- Solomon Bhala, Senior Consultant, Incident Response Team, SpiderLabs
- Greg Dawes, Senior Sales Engineer, Zhone Technologies
- Thomas DiGiacomo, CTO, Swisscom
- Tom Duke, CTO, iBAHN
- Marco Fanton, Global Social Media Director, Meliá Hotels International
- Matthew FitzGerald, Senior Systems Engineer- Hospitality, Ruckus Wireless
- RJ Friedlander, Founder & CEO, ReviewPro
- Bryan Hammer, Director of IT, EMEA, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
- David Heckaman, VP of Technology - Global Development, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
- Ryan Jones, Managing Consultant, Incident Response Team, SpiderLabs, Trustwave
- Ian Millar, Professor of Information Technology, Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne
- Christian Palomino, Director of Global IT, Melia Hotels International
- Mark Regensberg, Director of Information Technology, Extrabold Hotel Management
- Jakob Riegger, Managing Director, TrustYou
- Adolfo Sánchez Olmos, CIO, Hoteles Catalonia
- Pete Simpson, SVP Global Business Technology, EAME, MICROS Systems
- Bryan Steele, Managing Director, Jireh-Tek
- John Tattersfield, VP Information Resources, Europe Division, Marriott International
- Xavier Trias Arrault, Managing Director, Tourism & Hospitality, Indra
- Yvette Vincent, Director of Information Systems, Delaware North Companies
- Rajesh Vohra, Sales & Marketing Director, Sarova Hotels Limited
- Ted Watson, Director, Global Hospitality Solutions, Ruckus Wireless
- Jeremy Ward, President, HTNG; SVP of IT, Kempinski Hotels SA
- Todd Wood, VP of Technology - The Americas and Global Applications, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Attendees will benefit not only from the knowledge of these experts, but from the conference’s many networking opportunities with other attendees from the region and from around the world. Top-level hotel IT and vendor executives dominate the attendee mix, and the sessions are geared toward a strategic, business focus on technology.
Additional Opportunity for Senior Level Hotel Technologists: Hotel CIOs, IT Directors, regional heads and equivalent senior-level corporate technologists are also eligible to participate in the Hotel IT Leaders’ Roundtable, immediately following the main Conference on Thursday afternoon. This afternoon-long, hotelier-only session creates a real-time agenda determined by the attendees. Details about this no-cost meeting can be found on HTNG’s website.
For Technologists: The conference will be preceded by two members-only meetings focusing on more technical aspects of software, hardware and networking solutions. HTNG’s Infrastructure and Device Forum and Software Forum meetings will occur on Tuesday, just prior to the conference. Details about the agendas for these meetings can be found on HTNG’s website.
Registration Information: Online registration is available. Important note: While early registration discounts have expired, they are still available to newly joined HTNG members.
Sponsorship/Exhibiting Information: Sponsorships and tabletop exhibits are still available for vendors who wish to promote their products and services to the senior level audience at this conference. Details are available on the conference’s sponsorship page.
For general questions about the conference, the roundtable, or either forum meeting, contact email@example.com.