European Conference Agenda to Cover a Wide Range of Hospitality Technology
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
HTNG 2015 European Conference on 20-22 October in Nice, France
CHICAGO (September 22, 2015) – Hotel Technology Next Generation (HTNG) has published the agenda for the European Conference on 20-22 October at the Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la Méditerranée in Nice, France. HTNG has put together a notable list of speakers to address today’s important topics in technology for hospitality.
HTNG generates conference programs that help attendees stay current on emerging technologies that drive business by focusing on continuing issues that technology can address for hotels. The events have become critical for hospitality professionals who want to capitalize on the value their companies gain from technology. Session topics for this conference agenda include:
- Constructing a Legacy of Value: How Technology Equals Strategy for Business – IBM keynote speaker Bruce Speechely will evaluate the technology outlook, apply those insights to the broader hospitality industry and visualize how technology might appear through the lens of the guest.
- Going Digital – Deloitte Consulting’s Amitava Chatterjee will examine the hotel industry’s digital transformation.
- Power Without Wires – The VP of Market Development at the Wireless Power Consortium will demonstrate how wireless power can be applied to many aspects of technology in hotels.
- Hotel Trends and Performance Outlook for Strategic Decision Making – STR Global will examine quantitative hotel benchmark performance, census and pipeline with particular focus on Europe.
- The Evolving Security Landscape – An expert from Trustwave will share the latest developments in network security threats facing the hotel industry and how to defend against them.
- How Network Intelligence Can Transform the Guest Experience – The Director of Mobility Solutions at Cisco Systems, Inc. will show how hotels can keep up with guest mobile devices, which have become the primary channel for interaction with customers in all markets.
- The Sharing Economy: Creating New Business and Damaging Existing Ones – This session will address the growing impact of disruptive technology and the sharing economy on the hotel industry.
- IT Leadership Panel – CIOs from leading European hotel companies will discuss their top priorities and strategies.
The first day of the conference will feature deep-dive technology session topics such as door lock security, Wi-Fi authentication strategies, moving the PBX to the cloud, location based services, streamlining the guest check-in process and more. Industry expert speakers include:
- Bruce Speechley - Vice President, Travel & Hospitality, IBM Corporation
- Amitava Chatterjee - Director of Travel, Hospitality and Leisure Industries, Deloitte Consulting
- Celine Vadam - Business Development Manager, STR Global
- Charles Henderson - Vice President, Managed Security Testing, Trustwave
- Akina Ho - VP of Strategy & Global Business Development, FCS Computer Systems Sdn. Bhd.
- Tareq Ayub - Director, Travel Industry Strategy, Microsoft Corporation
- Satish Iye r- Director of Mobility Solutions, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- John Perzow - VP Market Development, Wireless Power Consortium
- Jan Jaap van Roon - CEO, Ireckon
- Paul Squires - EMEA Hospitality BDM, HP
- Matthew FitzGerald - Systems Engineering Manager - Hospitality, Ruckus Wireless, Inc.
- Graeme Powell - Founder, Veridicum
- Armand Rabinowitz - Innovation Architect, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Jeremy Ward - COO, iRiS Software Systems Ltd.
- Michael Zetterlund - Product & Marketing Director, Ariane Systems
- Albert Maes - Regional Director of IT - ECE, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
- Perry Correll - Principal Technologist, Xirrus
Conference registration is open to any full-time employee of a company that owns, manages or franchises a hotel. For all other industry participants, HTNG membership is required. Technology providers, consultants and others who are not HTNG members should check with HTNG's membership department to ensure eligibility. For more information or to register, visit http://htng.org/conferences/europe/registration.
Product and service providers who would like to participate in promotional opportunities at the conference can find out more at the sponsorship page of the event website.
About Hotel Technology Next Generation
The premier technology solutions association in the hospitality industry, HTNG is a self-funded, nonprofit organization with members from hotel and hospitality companies, technology vendors to hospitality and other industry members including consultants, media and academic experts. HTNG's members participate in focused workgroups to bring to market open solution sets addressing specific business problems. HTNG fosters the selection and adoption of existing open standards. Where necessary, it also develops new open standards to meet the needs of the global hospitality industry.
Membership in HTNG is open to hotel and hospitality companies, technology vendors to hospitality, consultants, academics, press and others. Currently more than 400 corporate and individual members from across this spectrum, including most of the world's leading hotel companies and technology vendors, are active HTNG participants. HTNG's Board of Governors, consisting of 21 top IT leaders from hotel companies around the world, itself has technology responsibility for about three million guest rooms. HTNG publishes workgroup proceedings, drafts and specifications for all HTNG members as soon as they are created, encouraging rapid and broad adoption. HTNG releases specifications into the public domain as soon as they are ratified by the workgroups. For more information, visit www.htng.org.