HTNG and VISA to Host EMV Webinar
Thursday, September 08, 2016
Posted by: Emily Wilson
CHICAGO (September 8, 2016) – Hotel Technology Next Generation (HTNG) and Visa will host a one-hour Webinar to discuss EMV at 11:30 am (CDT) on 23 September.
This session will break down into topics to discuss the changes of EMV over the past year and provide the information necessary to move forward. The Webinar will conclude with an open discussion to answer any questions viewers may have.
- What is EMV?
- Discussion of data security themes
- EMV vs. P2PE
- Why EMV?
- What is involved in the certification process?
- Quick Chip – simplifying aspects of the transaction process and more
- Why has EMV deployment for merchants been complex and challenging?
- Pay at the table technology
- How EMV works with tipping
- Cardholder Verification Method basics
- Best Practices for current mag chip only merchants (i.e. read and compare)
- Changes needed to reduce the number of counterfeit charge-backs
- Q&A open discussion
- Brian Hamilton – Senior Director, Global Corporate Initiatives, Visa, Inc.
- Seth Friedman – Sr. Business Leader, Vice President, Visa, Inc.
HTNG membership is required for Webinar registration. To register, click here.
About Hotel Technology Next Generation
The premier technology solutions association in the hospitality industry, HTNG is a self-funded, nonprofit organization with members from hotel and hospitality companies, technology vendors to hospitality, consultants, media and academic experts. HTNG's members participate in focused workgroups to bring to market open solution sets addressing specific business problems. HTNG fosters the selection and adoption of existing open standards and also develops new open standards to meet the needs of the global hospitality industry.
Currently more than 400 corporate and individual members from across this spectrum, including most of the world's leading hotel companies and technology vendors, are active HTNG participants. HTNG's Board of Governors, consisting of 20 top IT leaders from hotel companies around the world, itself has technology responsibility for 3 million guest rooms. HTNG publishes workgroup proceedings, drafts and specifications for all HTNG members as soon as they are created, encouraging rapid and broad adoption. HTNG releases specifications into the public domain as soon as they are ratified by the workgroups. For more information, visit www.htng.org.
SOURCE: Hotel Technology Next Generation
CONTACT: Joe Gallo
847-303-5560 Ext. 208