- Workgroup & Forum Overview
- Workgroup Summary (PDF)
- Collaboration Site
- Meeting Schedule
- Participate / Get Involved
Forum membership fees for at least one Forum are included in all HTNG memberships. Hotelier, Platinum, and Benefactor memberships include membership fees for both Forums. Corporate Industry Partner (vendor) memberships (other than Platinum and Benefactor) include one Forum or, for an additional fee, both Forums.
All corporate members of an HTNG Forum, as well as individual hospitality members, are entitled to send one individual to each face-to-face meeting of that Forum (which may include one or more workgroup meetings), and to each face-to-face independent (non-Forum) meeting of any workgroup. In both cases, there is no fee; the cost is built into the annual membership dues.
Meeting fees may apply:
- If you attend a Forum meeting, and hold an individual Industry Partner or Allied membership in HTNG (these membership types are applicable to academics, students, media, independent consultants, and certain others, but not to hoteliers or vendors)
- For the second and subsequent attendee(s) from your company at a Forum meeting, if it holds a Corporate Industry Partner membership
- If you attend a meeting of a Forum that is not included in your HTNG membership (where permitted)
- If your company holds a corporate hospitality membership in HTNG and wishes to send a large number of attendees to a Forum meeting (a limit will be set for each Forum meeting, but never less than three)
Companies who are members of a Forum, or of one or more of its constituent workgroups, may send extra participants to face-to-face forum or workgroup meetings upon payment of an additional fee (per person, per meeting). Fees will be as follows, although they may be reduced on a case-by-case basis depending on meeting duration and catering costs. For two-day meetings, dinner is included on the first evening. For one-day meetings of a forum that follow other HTNG events, dinner may also be included, in which case the $200 fee applies, otherwise the $100 fee applies. For individual HTNG members who are subject to a fee, but who will not attend both days of a two-day meeting and/or an included dinner, reduced fees, reflecting the more limited period of attendance, may be requested at least one week prior to the start of the meeting.
For cross-forum workgroups that meet face-to-face, some workgroup members may not hold a membership entitling them to attend the forum with which the workgroup is meeting. In this instance, the member may attend the day of the workgroup meeting, but can not attend evening events or any other day of the forum meeting. The fee would be the same as if the workgroup was holding a stand alone workgroup meeting.
One-Day Forum/Workgroup Meeting
Two-Day Forum/Workgroup Meeting
HTNG Members whose memberships do not include participation in a specific Forum will be subject to the Workgroup and Forum's rules and a meeting fee in order to attend. While most workgroups welcome new or guest participants, the decision whether to allow them, in general or for a particular meeting, is up to the voting members of each workgroup.
Meetings of individual workgroups, independent of forum meetings, generally have a low cost profile and are therefore typically free for workgroup members, but HTNG reserves the right to change this policy with respect to any workgroup that incurs significant and/or recurring costs.
Meeting fees may be waived for:
- Any Corporate Hospitality and Individual Regular Member whose presence is judged important to the forum or any workgroup meeting (requires approval of all forum chairs responsible for the forum meeting, and HTNG management)
- Academic or media participants, if approved by the forum chair(s), or, on a one-time basis, by HTNG management
- Up to four extra participants from a member company that provides a meeting room and/or catering for a specific meeting
- Any workgroup or forum chair or co-chair; this pass is non-transferable if the chair is unable to attend
- Members of the HTNG Board of Governors attending in their official capacity, or representing their own company, if that company is a member of the forum
- HTNG staff or advisors attending in their official capacity
- Non-members of HTNG who are participating based on special approval of the forum chair(s) and HTNG management, as outlined in the eligibility rules as stated in HTNG's workgroup policies; provided that the Forum chair(s) has (or both co-chairs have) approved the fee waiver as being in the Forum's or (with the agreement of a workgroup chair or both co-chairs) a particular workgroup's best interest
- Member companies host some HTNG forum meetings. Because the total costs can be much less than in a hotel, HTNG offers financial incentives for companies to do this in the form of credits.
- Participants may earn credits for meeting hosting, which can be applied against future extra participant fees for forum and workgroup meetings or (with certain limitations) for general Members' Meetings. Credits are granted based on the cost savings to HTNG. Details are available on request from any HTNG Workgroup Facilitator.
- Credits are not generally available for meetings of other than a full forum meeting, although exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Forum Fee
For more information on joining a forum that is not included in your HTNG membership, visit Join a Forum. By adding a second forum, you will be able to bring one person to each face-to-face Forum meeting at no extra charge.
For questions or to seek an exception, contact an HTNG Workgroup Facilitator.