Are you a hotelier or an independent consultant who represents hotel companies and doesn't directly sell products? Are you interested in shaping the directions and deliverables of one or more of HTNG's Workgroup efforts but don't have the technical knowledge and/or time to participate in the technical discussions? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then we want you to become a Business Advisor for an HTNG workgroup.
What is an HTNG Business Advisor?
Business Advisors help ensure that HTNG's workgroup efforts are focused on delivering results that meet the needs of hotels. By becoming a Business Advisor, you can help direct and influence our workgroup efforts with a minimal commitment of time. Business Advisors are invited to attend only those meetings that have the focused objectives of 1) shaping the future of the work product 2) reviewing the current progress, and 3) obtaining feedback on the deliverables.
Business Advisors should expect a request from the Workgroup chair(s) to attend direction-setting meetings 4 - 6 times a year, typically by web conference or webinar. These meetings are focused mainly around the business needs of the work product rather than the technical aspects of the solution.
Details of Participation
There is no cost to become a Business Advisor. In order to participate and maintain your status as a Business Advisor, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You are directly employed by a hotel company or are an independent consultant to hotel companies who does not directly sell products.
- You are covered by an HTNG membership, either individually or through your employer's corporate membership.
- You can contribute at least occasionally, either by attending meetings, or by providing written input about the substance of the effort (e-mail, wiki contribution, comment on review document, etc.).
Interested in participating more frequently? If you prefer to attend meetings regularly and participate in the technical discussions, then you may prefer to Join the Join the Workgroup(s) instead.
You Will Need Your Login to Sign Up!
- Do you have a login, but forgot it? Contact our Membership mailbox to have it sent to you.
- Do you work for a corporate HTNG member but don't have your own login? You will first need to Enroll under an Existing Membership to become a member and have login information sent to you.