For Vendors: Why Certify?
Why do vendors choose to certify their products? While the reasons differ depending on the particular vendor their products, and their customers, here are some of the reasons we hear most frequently.
- Recognition as an industry leading product that meets the highest standards of interoperability.
- Prospective customers specify HTNG certification as a requirement or preference in an RFP.
- Many smaller vendors tell us that they got instant credibility with larger vendors with whom they needed to interface. Many larger vendors view HTNG certification as evidence that a small company has the experience and skills needed to work with them cost-effectively and without risk to their client relationships.
- In interface negotiations, it is often easier to convince another vendor to use an industry standard, than to write to your proprietary interface. Certification gives you better leverage to say "we have implemented the industry standard, we don't think it makes sense for either of us to invest in developing to a proprietary standard."
- Ability to display the "HTNG Certified" logo on your product marketing and packaging materials.
- Certification is a visible statement of your commitment to interoperability.
- Certification provides exposure of your product through HTNG channels (many smaller or newer vendors find this to be especially valuable)
- Certification differentiates your products, and your company, from non-certified competitors.
- Only certification gives you the ability to claim conformance to HTNG specifications. (Making this claim without certification is a violation of the license to use HTNG specifications!)
- Certification gives you preferred eligibility to be featured in HTNG case studies presented online or at conferences
- For a limited time, certified vendors also receive a US$200 discount for registration at HTNG events. (This is not available through online registration; please e-mail our events department to take advantage of this offer).