HTNG develops, adapts, and adopts technology standards that enable hotels and technology providers alike to achieve simple integration of the many complex technologies used in hotels.
- Standards are developed by “workgroups” of member hoteliers, vendors, and others. Visit our Workgroups page for details and links to our active workgroups.
- Any HTNG member can apply to Join a Workgroup and influence the standards being developed.
- Efforts are prioritized by the HTNG Board of DIrectors based on relevance to the industry, likelihood of success, and commitments by participants to adoption
- Existing software standards cover distribution, guest room interfaces, payment systems, activity booking, guest self-service, accounting, and other interfaces
- HTNG coordinates closely with other standards bodies to avoid overlap, duplication of effort, and competition among standards
- Technical specifications for formally ratified HTNG standards are placed in the public domain and are licensable by anyone, without charge
- Certification is available for most HTNG standards, and represents a vendor commitment to stand behind their implementation of the standard
- Members and nonmembers alike can propose or apply to participate in potential standards efforts, described on our Prospective Workgroups page.