What are Workgroups?
Workgroups are groups of people who meet regularly to solve industry challenges.
When problems are identified, a workgroup is created to find a solution through Board-approved charters. Workgroup members collaborate to solve the problem and create an end deliverable. At any given point in time, HTNG has 10-20 workgroups in progress.
In addition to solving industry challenges, workgroups provide excellent interaction between members to help form customer, supplier and partner relationships.
A typical workgroup will:
- Include hospitality members, consultants & industry partners from different companies.
- Meet weekly or bi-weekly via web conference.
- Meet periodically face-to-face at HTNG events.
Workgroups have a lifespan of 6-12 months and will advance through the following phases:
- Open Workgroups: An informal group of industry stakeholders writing a charter to solve a specific problem tied to industry challenges.
- Active Workgroups: A formally chartered group of members doing the work.
- Completed Workgroups: A formerly Active Workgroup that has completed deliverables, but may be reconvened for minor updates.
suggest a workgroup